Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a web server administered by a hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a peek at these. Doing so, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to build a website, e-mail aliases, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by various web hosts, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the workload between individual groups of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web space hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a vast quantity of pictures with buddies or associates since the solution is typically free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your mail address accounts. Some companies offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you wish to get a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many videos as you would like without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to own a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mails, upload video clips, and so on. At Internet Webhosting Services, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for specific web content exclusively.